Monday, March 31, 2014

Busy Weekend Fusing

I started this post in December but for some reason, it never posted, so here it is.
This past weekend my kiln was working overtime. I had an order for 7 fused glass snowflakes and I only had 1 done. My kiln is 14" and these snowflakes are over 5" so I can only fit 4 in the kiln at a time. Here is what they like look before and after they were fired. Mind you each snowflake has 61 pieces of glass. The main components are easy since I use a strip cutter to cut the pieces. Where it gets tricky is laying the small pieces on top, glass with such small pieces is slippery so a tiny drop of glue went on each "arm". Each one took a little over an hour to cut and assemble. The finished product looks good. I tied a ribbon around them and they are ready to hang.
So now, the next one I made I used rainbow irid. I think it turned out very nice, here is a pic.










No comments:

Post a Comment